Thursday, 4 June 2015

Day 64: Clean up

I stayed home, yesterday, because of my sickness and I didn't do much work at all - which is why there isn't a Day 63 post.

Today, however, was quite productive - I got the video of Mike's feedback, that I was away from at the time - there are a few pacing issues which is really starting to confuse me - between everybody who has critiqued the short,  half of them think it's too slow and needs to be more snappier to go with the animation, the other half think it's too fast and needs more pauses to let the gags sink in. Clearly, we need to somehow find a nice middle ground

As I mentioned in the last post, we've started clean up, This week and everybody is doing really well!! - I'm giving a hell of a lot of notes to the lot of them, on keeping it on model, but they've quickly gotten used to using the line tool, and (thankfully) find it much easier than the paint brush!! I am confident we're going to get this short done on time - but I will still try to get it done early

As for myself, I thought I finished that shot from last post - everything is done, I just forgot to add Ares's hand holding the corn and stretching it all threatening-like.
I fully cleaned another shot, from scene 2, where Centeotl opens the classroom door - added some nice depth effects to the door, so it looks like a flat 2D hand is opening a 3D door
and I started cleaning another shot, where Centeotl steals the chair Ares was saving for Aprodite


Tomorrow I'm going to make cleaned up model sheets for the background characters - at least the ones in the classroom - I know where they're all sitting in the in relation to Ares and Centeotl's desk - so I'll draw a class room layout for the rest of my group to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment