Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Day 1: Ideation

Today I brainstormed possible ideas for a new animated short film.
I used a brainstorming method that combines both of my lecturer's methods

First I listed down all of my favourite themes in animation and then I listed all of the things that I like in story telling


Not my usual method of brain storming, and it was pretty hard to come up with something, but I eventually did narrow it down to a 3 Ideas that i am really passionate about. Next step was to list the log lines.


I narrowed it down to 3 potential ideas.

1) A dark medieval type world, where a stone cold knight character finds a reality warping sword. When the knight uses the sword to cut something, it will turn into a super zany cartoon, or even mixed media - the knight cannot controll the outcome.

2) A sadistic magical entity, with all-mighty powers has it's own talk show - it's like The Ellen Show crossed with a Genie (from Aladdin)

3) Gods from different religions and cultures attend a god school.
This was a crowd favourite and I ended up getting a lot of help from other students.

The only thing I don't like about the god school idea, is that at this point in time, I can't see this with a cartoony style - tomorrow, we are doing concept designs and possibly mood boards - so who knows?, maybe I can make it work with a cartoony look!!

No comments:

Post a Comment