Continuing with my character concepts, I was told to deviate from my usual style and experiment with the shapes from the original Aztec picture of Centeotl.
I thought the square head and protruding top lip could look something similar to Eddy's (from Ed, Edd n' Eddy) design - but keeping the intense amount of detail and having form to it, would prove difficult to animate, and since the original Aztec's art style was very 2 dimensional, I thought it's about time I experimented with 2D designs that are more silhouette driven.
After that, I decided to find some possible references to develop this more flat art style - I'll probably make that into a mood board, Tomorrow.
I've also decided to go the 'Wreck It Ralph' route, and give the gods different movement styles based on what culture their from
- Aztec - flat with bouncy cartoony movements
- Greek/Roman - 3D form with realistic animation, but they're constantly striking poses
- Chinese/Hindu - lots of flowing curves with slow flowing animation
- Egyptian - flat - extremely limited animation
- Maori - realistic animation with lots of spirals
- japaneese - flowing curves but fast, snapping motions
Finding an art style that can look good with these multiple animation choices is hard, since some are focussed on 2D and some 3D - Hopefully the mood board will help with this.

No comments:
Post a Comment