Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Day 174: Reflection

I believe my trailer stands out, as it not only introduced the game concept, but it introduces the mood and charm that I'm going for, inspired by some of my favourite kickstarters (my research was not necessarily limited to videogame kickstarters - I mostly used cartoon kickstarters as inspiration ) I used the characters, themselves to go nuts and essentially do a parody of a kcikstarter.




One thing the above kickstarters had in common was the character interaction - it wasn't just a boring character, or person, or voice alone in a room, explaining the kickstarter, it showed the character's personalities.
Unlike the kickstarters above, mine was essentially a parody of a kickstarter - with Arkac making fun of tropes everybody has seen before in these trailers, M. not caring at all about the video and skim reading the (arguably) most important parts - selling the game. and Nex trying to stop it/ get it over and done with so they can progress in escaping.
I also made the kickstarter one of Arkac's plans for escape - so it could be cannon in the gane's story and subsequently my world.

I think my game is very memorable and engaging, in this sense, and could potentially get people to back this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment