Sunday, 30 August 2015

Day 116: Concept development and interface design

I've accumulated a whole bunch of feedback, which i've slowly been working through
  • M. needs a thing
  • Arkac needs to look less robot
  • Arkac's body needs to be clearer
  • demon needs to look less alien
  • mystical/spiritual atributes

I did a little more research on straight jackets, to make arkac's body clearer - but i don't like how they look - i prefer having him all wrapped up like a mummy, but I tried some variations



I was told to change the box, because he looks too robotic - but I'm having troubles making the box less hi-tech, without making him look like a failed magician's act.

Tried adding something to M.'s design - their shirt jumper thing looked too plain - I don't really like any of these, but i'll keep trying


Then I started working on interface designs - I have a couple ideas for the health bar, since thats the only part of the extra-diegesis that wont hide away
I was stylizing it to fix more with the mood, and I was thinking maybe Arkac gives them the HUD at the begining of the game, saying "I wont be needing this, it's not MY game"

... oh by the way - Arkac breaks the fourth wall... that's kinda his gimmick


And here's a pause menu concept - mostly just listing things the different sections of it, and figuring out layout stuff


Spent the rest of the day coming up with a name for my game - but i hate all but two of them (*)

  • skull prison
  • M.
  • BAS'C zero
  • escape the skull
  • A-B
  • BAS'C [Minus]
  • my demon friend
  • deMon
  • vs. consolidation
  • amalga-mate
  • demon friend
  • under the hood
  • what's in the crate
  • the demon within
  • demonic amalgamation*
  • the kid with the demon friend
  • demoni'consolidation
  • grow-a-demon
  • friend from the pentacle*


they're still pretty bad, though... I'm bad at naming things..

No comments:

Post a Comment