In the weekend I focussed more on a fan art picture, but i did do a little style practice, Using the reference pics I gathered for my mood board and the Aztec's drawing tropes, I found that nice balance between flat and form.
Today, I finalized that, with a(n almost) turnable model sheet- I will do some colour choices later, since the Aztec's colour scheme looks gross.
An idea I had a while back, was to add a texture to some of the gods - like a sand stone texture for the Egyptian gods and a marble/stone texture for the Greek gods.
The Aztecs had a book of these illustrations, and I thought Centeotl could have a scratched paint on old paper, kind of texture, in reference to that!
I want to make a quick little animation test of something simple like a head turn or a take, because this design has a mixture of tween and hand drawn animation (the eyes, mouth and arms/hands are the hand drawn parts) with a weird mickey mouse ears thing going on with that head piece.
I tried my hand at drawing Anubis, but I think i need to practice this style a bit more, before I start with the other gods.


No comments:
Post a Comment