Thursday, 5 March 2015

Day 8: Environment Design and More Model Sheets

Today I was busy trying to figure out the environments - how they would be drawn, and where everything is.
I figured out the main school building exterior, shown below, and planned out a little bit of the classroom layout, not shown below.

I was thinking of a dyed painty look, like that of the new Mickey Mouse shorts - or maybe a childish 'not drawing in the lines' technique, like the backgrounds on Ed, Edd n' Eddy


One of my tutors said it might not work with the character's flatish look - So it may change to a more simplistic background, but tomorrow I'll try experimenting how the characters look in the dyed painted ones.

I also started my story board today - it's looking really rough, but I will add heaps of detail to make up for it - I'll post that when it's finished.

In other news, I stayed back pretty late with another student to design Ares - problem is, I can't draw muscles if my life depended on it, so it still needs tweeking, plus it doesn't fit in with Centeotl's design (shown in the size chart at the bottom)

I also didn't go the statue direction, I instead decided to look at the Greek vase art as my inspiration for the Greek gods.


Finished Anubis - made him smaller as well.


And lastly the size chart - look how much detail Centeotl has compared to the other two... I'll have to do something about that


No comments:

Post a Comment