I also worked on the script, but have once again met the same issue I meet every time I write a script (I do them for personal projects) - I can never find a way to write visual gags!! it's visual - the story board can deal with that.
anyway, here's the script so far:
“[DEITY ACADEMY]”
By
[Bryn Kettle]
FADE IN:
[EXT. THE SCHOOL]
Open to a building on cosmic clouds in outer space.
Lots of different characters are flooding into the building.
A sign on the building reads 'Deity Academy'.
A small character, called Centeotl, looks up at the sign in
awe.
CENTEOTL
“WOW! My first day at God school!”
[INT. THE CLASSROOM]
Centeotl walks to his class room with a note telling him
what door it is.
He opens the door to find the gods he will be studying
with, however, a group of three gods stands out the most to
him – the group consists of Ares, Anubis and Nezha.
Nezha and Anubis are chatting, while Ares is making googly
eyes at Aphrodite.
They have a glimpse at Centeotl but don't care, and carry
on. Centeotl take this as an invitation to introduce
himself.
Centeotl walks up to them very happily and puts his hand
out to shake.
CENTEOTL
“Hi! My name is Centeotl, are you guys as
excited as I am, for our first year?”
The 3 gods look at each other, cofused.
ANUBIS
“Is this guy serious?”
CENTEOTL
“My powers let me summon corn!! what can
you guys do?”
Centeotl summons corn to demonstrate his powers
Nezha gets excited
NEZHA
“I kill dragons, and can set my pants on
fire, and turn into a ball of flesh and-”
ARES
“Ignore Nezha, he gets over excited at
times – My names Ares.”
CENTEOTL
“Oh I think I've heard that name before –
what can you do”
ARES
“Why don't a show you?”
Ares grabs Centeotl and flings him across the class
room, into the bin by the door.
The door opens and the Teacher/principle walks in
PRINCIPLE
Alright class, settle down and take your
seats
Anubis and Nezha sit beside each other, behind Ares,
who saved a seat for Aphrodite.
Centeotl sits down in the seat Ares saved, instead –
Ares looks angry at him
[INT. THE CLASSROOM]
The rest of the day goes by as a montage *********
[EXT. LUNCH TIME. THE PLAYGROUND AREA]
As all the gods are hanging out, Centeotl is finally
depressed, He summons popcorn as his lunch
Nezha is telling another of his stories to the two.
Anubis hears the pop from the popcorn and his ear
twitches a bit.
Centeotl summons more popcorn and Anubis is the
first to smell it in the air.
ANUBIS
Whats that smell?
Anubis walks off towards the source of the smell
ARES
What smell? Anubis...?
Anubis arrives at Centeotl, eating popcorn
ARES
Hey... uh....
Centeotl looks up
CENTEOTL
Don't worry, I'm not going to annoy you
guys any more...
ARES
okay cool, but what are you eating?
CENTEOTL
You want some?
Centeotl summons popcorn for Anubis. Everybody
starts crowding around, as Anubis enjoys his free
meal
ANUBIS
Mmm – Nice!
NEZHA
Can I have some
Other gods start asking for more and more popcorn,
pushing past Ares. Centeotl becomes happy again.
THE END
The rest of the day goes by as a montage *********" That's the part with all the slapstick gags that I never know how to write
I also am not sure if I want to do dialogue - it makes things easier, story telling wise, but harder production wise, and this project is edging more and more towards impossible, everyday!!

No comments:
Post a Comment